Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 M Coupe, MY20 M2C ED Sept

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkitt View Post
If your gif is really into wine, I can't think of a better place to stay than Beaune.

I'm actually planning something similar to scout's route above on our ED trip. We're planning on going from Munich to Schloss Linderhof, staying the night in Fussen, and then hitting Neuschwanstein castle first thing in the morning (I've heard that the place can be crazy so I am hoping to beat the crowds). After that north along the Romantische to Rothenburg.
There is a very special way to get to Neuschwanstein from the Fussen area. Go a short distance to Pinswang to the Gutshof zum Schluxen. (https://www.booking.com/hotel/at/gas...-schluxen.html)
You can stay there or just park in the lot. There is a path from there that goes through the woods, comes at at Hohenschwangau Castle, the "parent" castle of Neuschwanstein. Tour there then a carriage up the hill to the other castle. About a 90 minute walk each way. Absolutely beautiful. I have done it twice and will do it again this year on my ED. Happy to give you more info.

And I agree on the Beaune area. Great wines and great scenery.

Whitey - I have been to Munich several times and the Platzl is my favorite. A bit more expensive, but well worth it.

Bill
Appreciate 0