View Single Post
      08-16-2022, 09:29 PM   #37
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
On my 1M I use Michelin X-Ice3s and they are INCREDIBLE on dry and on rain or snow. I have even changed them late into the spring and even feel great in warm weather. The ultimate winter tire.

IMO All-seasons are garbage on dry or wet in lower temperatures (or in ANY temperature lol)

In the past I loved Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2s for snow but they were absolutely garbage in dry and in warmer weather. Squishy and awful. Unusable for your purposes.

My winter setup on E9X M3 18s (M219s)
Sorry, there is no way Xi3 is as good on dry or in rain as a Michelin Pilot AS4 or even Pilot Alpin PA4. You can find European reviews that compare the various categories. Maybe at like -30 F or something where you hit the Tg of the AS4 compound. The Xi3 is the best on-road of that entire class, but that category is giving up a lot for snow and ice traction.

I am 90% sure that Michelin Pilot AS4 is the best if there is NO snow involved. That said, Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 on a cold dry day are closer to my PSS on a warm day than I expected if you did need some more snow capability.
Appreciate 2
jmack548.50
DrFerry6728.50