View Single Post
      05-06-2015, 05:39 AM   #12
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Is this a joke....or one of those 3D images I stare at a certain way for an image to pop out.

Joking obviously, but there is not one thing wrong I can see in these pictures. That is normal behaviour for real leather. It wrinkles and creases, cracks are more what I would describe as a crease which goes through the texture of the fabric top to bottom. Think like a crack on a glass surface.
Check your skin at certain areas of flexing, creased and wrinkled right...now when I rock climbed a lot my palms and finger tips would get small cracks in the skin that would hurt and even bleed. It was easily solved by using certain conditioners and balms.

You should do constant maintenance on your seats with a good cleaner and leather conditioner/protectant. And of course be mindful of the type of clothes you have on and whether you're a "slider" when you sit or a "riser".

Sliders slip and slide into position in and out = more wear.
Risers put one foot in the car then sit in the seat and bring the other foot in. Then put one leg outside to rise out of the seat and pull the other leg out = less wear.
Doesn't work for everyone and differs by car/type, but works for me in my M3.

I'm a paranoid seat worrying riser.
Appreciate 0