bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Beautiful car. I am grateful for Audi to continue to push BMW. If they can just tune out some understeer, you have a great car.

I know the S3 Sedan is coming to USA and looks nice but only in automatic. The RS3 will definitely be a contender especially with the automatic crowd that just wants an automated 0-60 launch where Audi usually wins. When the old RS3 came out against the 1M, you could get a 1M stripper with clean dash and fixed suspension etc. So it was a no brainer...1M won out, but if they make the M2 all dynamic-soft-butt-idrive-active-soundish like the new cars, then there is less that will differentiate the two.

On a different note, I find it interesting that many dismiss Audi because of the understeers. Many of us that prefer manual transmissions because of they way they drive are constantly confronted by the automatic fans that cling rapaciously .1 or .2 second faster 0-60 time saying things like "you'll end up in the slow lane with a manual. We say, we would rather give up .2 seconds of automated launch speed for the "feel" and enjoyment of the manual. The Audi is the ultimate 0-60 all wheel drive automated launch car that usually will destroy BMWs of the same price category. So I wonder if the automatic fans, why aren't they rushing out to buy this little beast? It will probably be faster that M2 0-60? Could it be that you value the "feel" and fun of rear wheel drive over the cold efficiency of all wheel drive automated launch cars? Maybe those of us that like manuals are not that different from you because if we were, no one here touting the DCT 0-60 time would even buy an M2 when the RS3 will be the ultimate 0-60 car.
I have an alternative explanation: the people making that argument are a bunch of tools
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport

Last edited by bradleyland; 07-07-2014 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0