bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Smile to get nav or leather..

Hey all,

I have been reading this forum for a couple months now nonstop after several of my friends have gotten E90/92's. Thank you in general for providing the public with such great info.

I think I am getting ready to buy a Montego Blue E92 with sport(I want the oil cooler, just wish i didn't feel the need to switch out the wheels! M6's or CSLs...yeah yeah played out here, but this forum is a small population of all owners...). I am not a big options person so that is about it.

My one friend has a montego coupe with the leatherette, and I thought it was leather. I was very impressed with the overall look/feel of the material used as it did not seem much different than the leather in my father's 5 series from 2000. Here is my dilemma...

I saw the saddle brown in person and loved the color. However I have a boxer who goes everywhere with me. I am worried about leather seats and dog claws. While I love the brown-blue combo the black leatherette wouldn't kill me.

So then I wonder...I can do nav for 2100 instead of the leather stand alone. But I have ZERO experience with BMW's nav system. How do you guys like it as a system? I saw the voice commands thread, seems kinda cool. I do have a friend in Cali that loves it but I am in NJ and cannot play with it hands on.

Looking back would you order you car with nav again? Or just get a good unit like the pioneer N3 and do nav that way? (I have access to the pionner for cheap through work so it is a viable option for me, and I can still get the leather. I haven't seen many head units in BMW's though...any reason?)

Thanks alot for the feedback. I really appreciate it.

Joe

p.s. I am not trying to start a pro/con nav thread. I know all that. simply wondering about the functonality and quality of BMW's systems.
Appreciate 0