View Single Post
      05-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #20
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
What's interesting with all the HP wars it appears design, and appealing designs are disappearing in this segment. 4 door cars are expensive upfront, and not worth a good paper weight in the end. Hell a turbo Panamera 180k with options and base it 100k, and he Turbo is not 80k more. Considered a Audi R7, but can't get pass the back. Will enjoy my RS, and my Escalade until someone really good comes vs just tolerating it like my M4(:

I want to love it ........every time I get in my RS I'm like damn this is fun. I just need more practical car that makes me say damn. Will check out the AMG E class. Did considered AMG S coup but that think is a boat.
For a little bit more utility, you may want to wait for the upcoming AMG GT 4-door. It won't be as much as a Panamera Turbo but it'll be more than an M5 and it will hold value better I am sure. It won't have as much comfort or space as an M5 though.

What we really need is a sub 3,800lbs 4-door sedan with M5 level of power (600hp) and the chassis size of an E39 M5. Oh yeah and with an optional Manual that gets more R&D than a DCT integration into the drive train. I'm talking Porsche level of Manual Tranny smoothness. That would be awesome. It would have to be devoid of all that tech crap though, like lane departure warning and gesture control, who needs that?! If I only had the money to start my own car company!

Appreciate 1
Bimmer6632.50