Thread: UK Test Drive
View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #4
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 (on order)

@ddk632 Hi David, we had a little play with the iDrive settings, including the HUD, SatNav, Profiles, Camera-Assist, etc. The HUD can be configured to display different things, but I forget which ones they were. We had all the HUD options ticked, except messages/infotainment. It displayed the current speed, the road's speed limit, and Sat-Nav directions. Just wish it would include what gear the car is in!
The i8 also has the up/down-shift capability via the gear shifter when in Sport mode (as an alternative to the paddles), but I just used the paddles TBH.

Unfortunately I've had lots of personal issues recently so my head wasn't in the right frame of mind to fully appreciate the drive. But I tried not to allow it to influence my review in any way. If I'd been in a better state, then I'm sure I would thoroughly have enjoyed it LOL.

I should be getting the car for a weekend (in maybe a month or two) to test drive it on roads that I know, so I that should help to give me a better perspective of the car's abilities.

@drlonline, the car I dove was Protonic Blue with 'Carpo Light, Ivory White' interior. Here's a link to pics taken by SCD Photographer Matt Parker on Launch Night (Friday 19th July):- http://www.supercardriver.com/featur...ld-i8-preview/
However, when I drove to the Derby dealership today, their demo car is in my spec - same exterior colour, same wheels, same interior,... So here's a few pics of it (no pics of the Carpo Dark, Amido Black interior yet as the car was locked):-
Attached Images

Appreciate 0