View Single Post
      08-20-2015, 09:01 AM   #16
Zooks527
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi / 2005 Tacoma 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinntheskimo View Post
I agree the mirror tap makes it look sharp, but a big thing for me is having a mute button close to the shift knob so im not constant reaching up to mute the RD. But I also dont want the cord constantly in my way. What do you guys suggest?
  • V1 power adapter in the trunk, fuse tapped off the the back side of the lighter socket fuse.
  • 4-wire line from the unit socket in the adapter to the v1, run under the right side floor edge, up the door seal, and across the front windshield edge to the V1, mounted high and to the right of the rearview mirror. There's enough room to run it completely hidden.
  • 4-wire line from the acc socket in the adapter to the remote display, run under the left side floor edge, up the dash edge to wherever you want to place the display. There's enough room to run it completely hidden.
Under 30 minutes to set mine up this way. I subsequently removed the remote display, as I wasn't happy with the look of the remote display anywhere where I didn't have to shift my head around to see it.

Prior 40 years: 67 BelAir wagon / 68 LeMans Tempest / 70 Mustang Mach 1 / 72 El Dorado / 78 Corvette / 81 Subaru GL wagon 4WD / 83 s10 Blazer 4x4 / 85 Bronco 4x4 / 96 Bronco 4x4 / 04 Passat 4mo / 09 BMW 335xi
Appreciate 0