02-14-2016, 07:47 PM   #22
AlphaM
THE UNTOUCHABLE
Greece
Rep
Drives: 2022 IX 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroz1 View Post
I had 2014 VW Touareg r-line TDI before me x5 35i and while it had countless amounts of torque it didn't sound as good as the 35i turbo. Specially those cold days when you turn on the 35i and it just sings lol.

Also, I hated staying on line with all the trucks for the diesel pumps while gas pumps were free. There are some parkways around New York that have only gas so it was scarce too. But yeah gas mileage is hard to beat. Given gas prices these days it's hard for me to justify the extra cost... Also - did you google dieselgate?
sounds good. personally i don't have any problems at all where I live to find diesel. sometimes when i do long trips to NYC (drove to florida last summer - from Montreal) i did get some issues being behind a little lineup but my range is so long, i can take the time that i want and stop to the gas station i want, it's not such a issue (at least not for me). as for the sound, i guess to each his own, i find that from the inside the 35d sounds much better and the power delivery (and torque) is so much smoother. from the outside it might be a different story, i'll take your word for it.
Appreciate 0