04-07-2015, 03:07 PM   #16
Epirali
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e Copper i8 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitkis View Post
You are not dumb. I can't understand how I have misread tables. I leafed through all files for days but I could not find the right fronts from PSS table. Sorry, I was 99% sure that there is readily available sizes. I actually already ordered 2nd rims to be used with those...

But, no problem. Bridgestone Potenza S001 has exact sizes available - rear AND front.

http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/auto/ranges/potenza/s001/

It's not bad tire either, Rapide, F458, RS5 and Lexus LFA being factory fitted with them. Maybe not equal to PSS, but much better than those low-rolling eco tyres completely unsuitable for racetrack. Maybe we can manage this season until someone brings good fronts 2016? I visited France last year and had talk with Michelin high exacutive. I asked what's their plan with sporthybrid tyres. He was very keen to talk with subject and said that they are working on them, Formula E being one testbed since they drive all the season with same tires, dry and wet. I tried to buy Pilot Sport EVs for i8, at any price, but he said they are not available...
Whew good to know I haven't gone totally stupid!

Thanks for the link, in fact THESE are the tires that come on the car as OEM...
Appreciate 0