View Single Post
      10-10-2020, 06:05 PM   #5
lilstevie
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kothar View Post
In all my travels of 6500km I've seen only 1 other m235 gran coupe white. The 218i is that diesel or petrol variant? In NA we only get 228i or 235 petrol.
If it ends in i it’s petrol and if it ends in d it’s diesel if that helps we’re still in lockdown conditions so not much travel at the moment but I’ve seen a 218i and m235i in the wild since I ordered mine, but given mine was only delivered a couple of days ago I haven’t seen one since delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi_T View Post
Just back from the first long trip in my 218i, 392 miles. Found it to be very comfortable and capable at motorway speeds, absolutely no issues just sitting at 75mph on cruise. Fuel consumption was pretty good, I got 53mpg overall and I wasn’t being that careful with the throttle, left home with a full tank and arrived with about 90 miles of range. I also had one passenger and a fair bit of luggage, a/c was on auto as well so without those I might have got an even better result.
I drove my wife to and picked her up from work the night my car was delivered as it’s pretty much one of the only valid reasons to go for a long drive, and got 110km round trip for each end of her shift, Australian roads with coarse chip aren’t that quiet on the 19” PZ4’s, but road noise is always a problem on those roads. I’ve used about 1/3 of a tank already, and while I’d like to wait until I can get a more accurate measure of consumption my trip sat at 6.1l/100km (~46.3mpg) according to iDrive. Not sure what you’re riding on but I have m-sport suspension (standard in AU) and 19’s which definitely will have an impact on economy
Appreciate 0