View Single Post
      11-17-2007, 02:37 AM   #3
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptaylor View Post
Hmmm... 525 whp? Ask him to post up in the thread below and stop out! Lingenfelter V8? Is it a custom BMW motor or a swapped Chevy?

http://azbmw.org/index.php?name=Foru...ewtopic&t=4463
Funny you should ask. It actually is a Lingenfelter V8. He then designed and built a twin turbo installation with intercoolers. The update is that last week he was replacing a leaking power steering hose (which is apparently a pain in the ass since the whole engine install in a 5-series is custom), he forgot to reconnect the wastegate vacuum hoses. So he's leaving his house for work and got stuck in traffic. Gets pissed and decides to make a U turn and floors it. Wastegates don't open and the engine hits the rev limiter and BAM the tranny eats itself.

He's getting a race transmission the week after Thanksgiving and says it will be ready for the 30th. I'm curious to see what it runs in the 1/4. The ET will probably suck due to lack of traction, but I am expecting a trap speed near 120. I was in it with the original engine swap Corvette engine and it was brutally fast. That engine blew up and he bought the Lingenfelter motor.

It's a stock looking dark red 5-series (which I found out is actually a 2003) with a custom machined "557" emblem on the back (5-series, 5.7L engine, hence the 557). He lives in Awatukee back behind South Mountain.