View Single Post
      03-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Just hung up the phone with Chris at DINAN to discuss the Stage 2 Package - specifically the OIL COOLER since my wife has the Stett FMIC, ESS Stage 2 tune, and Eisenmann Race Exhaust (I wanted to order the larger oil cooler if Dinan though she needed it with these mods). News flash, even now your 2009-2010 Z4 35i may NOT have an oil cooler. Yes, that is correct. When I read this thread I assumed, incorrectly, that all of our 35i cars had oil cooler since this was an issue on the 335is - NOPE. Dinan's 2009 Z4 35i in the shop now does NOT have one - they have confirmed with BMW that not all 35is have an oil cooler and they think if you did not order the Sport Package that you did not receive an oil cooler as best as they can tell at this time. So, I just looked at my wife's car and thankfully she has the oil cooler. If you have one it will be seen in front of the right front tire through a vent!!! If you have a solid wheel well with no slotted vent in front of the tire then NO oil cooler for you. This means that if you have the oil cooler you can simply order the Stage 2 now from Dinan. If no oil cooler you will have to wait a little bit to order this as they are working on a retro fit kit now. BMW perplexes me!!!!! as we should all have oil coolers with this motor!

JZ - I agree with the need for a steering remap - I would buy that remap in a heart beat as it is our only real complaint about an otherwise perfect car (okay, maybe it could be 200 lbs. lighter)

Last edited by Vintage; 03-24-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Appreciate 0