View Single Post
      12-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #8
RonM
Rep
Drives:

Smile Texas members

I'm in Parker, just east of Plano, for those from out of the Metroplex and joined this forum today. Lone Star chapter member indeed. We have a 97M3/4purchased new and are close to ordering a 135. The Classic Client Advisor mentioned something about 10 per month this past Monday so even their large volume of sales only allows for 120 ish 1ers per year.

My problem with the 135 may be the seat height. I was really close to hitting my head with the driver's seat all the way down in the 335i coupe we tried out. Also we did not take too well to the suspension on that machine, but are hoping the 135i would feel a bit tighter as far as connection to the road. Our other car is 2007 twin turbo Mini Cooper S which drives like it is on rails.

Back to the seat......with the 135i brochure showing 0.5 inches less headroom on the driver side I might be in trouble. I am 6'2" and am concerned I might not fit. The moon roof takes up quite a bit of the roof space, downward into the cabin as compared to my M3's sunroof with no moonroof option. Anybody have a clue if the sport seat sits lower than the power seat?
Appreciate 0