View Single Post
      03-24-2024, 11:27 PM   #52
Wilt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

I find it amusing to see the writers complain about rear seat shoulder room...that certainly is valid if you are comparing a 3 Series chassis to the 2 Series Gran Coupe. But these writers seem to be blind to the fact that the 3 Series E30 chassis has shoulder room dimensions not much different from the 2 Series F44 Gran Coupe, and there wasn't a general complaint about that in the late 1980's...the 3 Series has simply blimped up over the decades to what it is now. My last car was an E90, but I have to say that the F44 puts the FUN back into driving that I had not experienced in any 3 Series to the same degree as my E30!

I test drove an M235i xDrive Gran Coupe, and with its M suspension and 19" very low profile tires, my wife disliked the harsh ride, even harsher than my E90 with normal suspension and 17" runflat tires. While it certainly was fun to drive, the reality of 19" wheels getting bent on the forlorn CA highways would have removed much of that fun with the worry about recurring damage to rims and very low profile tires. A wheel and tire coverage policy by BMW would have reduced the sting of the cost, but the bother and time lost getting the replacement over and over was not appealing.

Last edited by Wilt; 03-24-2024 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 0