View Single Post
      03-24-2024, 02:11 AM   #51
SnapperRoxGC
Rep
Drives: 2020 M235i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_inPNW View Post
It really does, I think it's a fantastic car. I just grabbed mine a couple weeks ago. I went to see a C series (that was already sold) and found this gem. As soon as I saw it sitting on the lot I had to test drive it and after I tried it, I had to have it.

I didn't buy this car to be the fastest thing out there, I bought it because it's a really nice, well built, tiny luxury car, One that's more than fast enough, looks sublime and it makes me giggle when the exhaust pops. The tech and interface is fantastic, it's pretty comfy and it handles pretty good. It has pretty much every toy the bigger cars have. Some hero also ordered this car with literally every option other than sport seats (keeps the heated seats, which I like) The M235 being AWD, to me, isn't a con, it's a plus; living in the PNW, I prefer AWD which means a "real" M car wasn't even on my radar as whatever I ultimately bought was going to be AWD. This car even gets decent mileage if you can keep your foot off the gas.

I also like it because it's a bit unique. It's not yet another 3 series. Not only are there seemingly zero 2 series around here, there's very few of the new styled BMWs altogether.

It's not a RWD tire shredder but this is a fun car. I think this baby M is the perfect car for me.
You added some things I left out. The fact that it's NOT a 3 series should be a plus; I live in the central coast area of California, AKA you see more 3 series than you do honda civics around here. The polarizing looks make it stand out and is unique. Being a small car guy, I wanted to like the 3 series, but the fact of the matter is, the G-chassis 3 series is a full-on midsize car, and the F44 is COMPACT, while still having 4 doors. And coming from a 6th gen camaro, the visibility and the ease of parallel parking and parking in general is unmatched. M cars are still the standard, but they are simply not daily drivers. This car strikes a perfect balance between performance, practicality, utility and reliability (the B48 is bulletproof).

I'll admit, in december of 2022 I went to the dealership with the full intention of going home with a G42 230. However, they had the F44 m235i on the lot fresh off a lease return, and it quite simply checked more boxes for the same price. I haven't looked back since.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
CoopJet3859.50