View Single Post
      09-30-2017, 11:44 AM   #11
Saanen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM 6SPD, VW e Golf (DD)

Just reading, talking with lots of folks and collecting info...it is clear that it really depends on where you are planning on doing the bulk of your driving. Being a back roads kinda guy I know I want something that will keep the rear end settled which I am hammering out on Hiway 1 or running out to Marshal on the Petaluma/Hicks Valley Rd....and compliant enough that my wife will actually get in the car!!!
Some folks want it even firmer than offered by Ohlins, turns out the guys at Performance Technic (Fremont) actually went with stiffer springs rates on their 'shop car' but that is because it is really set up for track use... Yesterday I spoke with the folks over at Griffin Motorwerke (got a Fabspeed Sport Cat installed yesterday...holy shit that was an awesome bump in power and sound)in Berkeley; they have a ton of tuning experience and they also thought the spring rates on the Ohlins R&T are set more for track duty. So next I am heading up to Sears Point/Infineon Raceway to talk to some suspension guys up there who come highly recommended...I really enjoy doing the research on projects like this,...kinda the measure twice, cut once philosophy.
Appreciate 2