View Single Post
      12-30-2017, 06:07 AM   #4
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedMPLS View Post
Great question. I guess I don’t really have one; I’m just trying to be realistic since 2018 will be the last year I have the car before it goes back in for lease end. Buying the most expensive doesn’t seem to make sense for only getting a year of use out of it but I also don’t want cheap as I’m a firm believer you always get what you pay for in most cases. I’d like to stay around the $2500-$3000 range if I bought new.

Seems like so many people go with KW v3 but the amount of mixed reviews I read and the insane plethora of used v3 systems available is interesting. But again, I don’t know what I don’t know so it’d be great to hear from others using their daily the same way I do and what’s worked really well for them. TC Kline seems like a good option, JRZ RS is another option I’ve researched but more expensive and seems more “pro racing” level and maybe unnecessary for only owning the car for potentially one more season.
I've had Swift Springs, KW V3, and KW Clubsport 2-Way on my car. I've noticed a great increase in performance between each set up, I upgraded from springs, to the V3, and now the Clubsports.

My former F80 M3 was my daily, and my new F80 serves the same purpose.

The biggest change from the springs to V3 was the lack of bounce and the increase of control in direction and steering feel. With springs, the rear end tend to lose itself on bumps and feel a bit jarring. You can feel a HUGE difference in rebound and compression between Swift Springs and KW V3. My daily commute was much better as I did not feel as much of the road imperfections on the freeway or streets, and I could feel a significant difference in handling having tried both Swift Springs and KW V3 at Thermal Club.

Short summary - KW V3 are an excellent choice if you're looking for a solution for street driving and spirited driving.

I only have 300 miles on my Clubsports, so I cannot offer much feedback except that out the box, it's a tad stiffer than the V3s and Swift Springs. I still need to get it properly aligned and have the settings dialed in.

If you're looking for a quote on the V3 as well as other options you may be consider, shoot me a PM and I can happily assist you.
Appreciate 0