12-07-2023, 04:06 PM   #175
cjn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 F40 M135iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjohn22 View Post
Thank you for your reply and help!

About the 1., the doors, i do have those buttons - i can unlock all doors and boot from there. But im used to on all cars, even bmws before that i had driven for a while, they would unlock all doors after i opened the drivers door. For example, exiting the car by the drivers door and then trying to take something from the back seats. As it is now, i need to keep the key in hand and press the unlock button on the key, even though i just exited the car.

the #2, i did some research and as it now, this only heats the car using remaining heat from the engine. But if the car has been parked overnight, the engine will not have heat to provide to it.
I have programmed the hours on idrive, and when i get to the car i can still hear the fans but no heat is inside or coming from them.
1. If you set the unlock action in iDrive to unlock all doors with the remote, rather than just the driver's door, does this change things? Driver's door only is an obvious security measure to stop potential scumbags jumping in as soon as the car's unlocked.

2, I think this is more of a hot climate option, to ventilate the car before you get in. Obviously it can't conjure up heating or air conditioning from nowhere.
Appreciate 0