View Single Post
      02-21-2022, 12:00 PM   #231
kimbow
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
Update... I don't want to leave you guys out in the cold, but we haven't had the aforementioned conversation yet.

A lot has happened in between, I saw her post covid and again had a strange encounter: given the fact that we hadn't seen each other for a while and we were supposed to go to out to dinner with friends, she didn't even say hello in the doorway (maybe I'm being too harsh... my memory would like to be merciful), but instead said "you can throw out the garbage" and "we're taking my car"... upon which she didn't even say anything to me in the car? I mean, so long as I was trying to converse with her, it was "a little here, a little there", but if I was silent (and as I say, we hadn't seen each other in a while), she didn't ask me how I am... what's up, etc.

Soooooo, I helped her out with some stuff (simp? nice guy? yeah whatever)...

Saw her since then a few times, she called me a few times and everything was "good"... we had some good, positive conversations, we both had laughs...

I had a 4 year "hobby" project fail on me one week (I was supposed to meet some certification deadlines for a product, which I had no time for), I told her "I had failed" and she just said "yeah, life goes on"... It sort of hurt me, but not much, I was expecting the project to fail...

I took her out for Valentine's, which was nice - had a nice dinner, a good conversation... She said she is happy to have me in her life, that she is grateful for how I support her... I thanked her for being who she is...

And lo and behold, I fall sick this week... and she doesn't ask me how I am? I was planning on having this convo with her as well, as she almost never asks me how I am... which on the level of day to day life I can understand... but when your loved one is sick, do you just go by, not noticing? Waiting for them to tell you how they feel? So, I think I will bring up this convo first... and then proceed regarding the "exercise and supportive side of things"...

At the end of the day, we live in a society where both man and woman can make it through life without ever needing anybody. That doesn't mean they should.
Grow a pair, a large pair sir
Appreciate 0