OTO335i
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewicky View Post
Why not drive around the potholes?

Every time I've hit a pothole was because I was either tailgating or driving too fast. When I drive safe (the vast majority of the time) it isn't hard to avoid.

People always say they are "unavoidable." The only pothole that's unavoidable would be one that opens up as you are driving up to it. Besides that, a pothole victim must have just driving too close or too fast for the level of visibility. Or texting.

That being said, it seems like tire sidewalls and common sense are in a dead heat to see which can disappear faster these days. So sad
Sometimes you can't avoid them, if there's a car beside me I'm not going to swerve around the pothole since I have no space to move. When you're constantly driving in traffic you're usually confined close to other vehicles which enables you to see the pothole since a lot of people just drive over them and then boom you had no time to react. Other times it can be a sewer and it looks fine but when you pass over it , it moves and causes you to hit a lip. My car also came equipped with stock tire size so I don't get your " tire sidewalls and common sense are in a dead heat".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewicky View Post
Also, the 335xi wasn't available with an "M-Sport suspension" so I'm not sure how this question differs from all other 335xis.

I need to do a refresh on all 4 corners of mine. I get the slightest shimmy when I go over bumps. The back end always swings out to the right a fraction of inch, regardless of where the bump was. And the car is aligned. So probably a shot strut or bushing. Used car life!
I guess all 335's have the same suspension then, I thought since I had a M-sport that the suspension components would be slightly different / the car sitting lower.
type-dRew641.00