10-04-2015, 02:45 PM   #11
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Two 4 ohm coils wired in parallel will be 2 ohms for each sub, and the 2 subs wired in parallel will give you a 1 ohm load at the amp.

Do you have folding rear seats? I have my subs facing the front of the car and sealed off from the trunk. I like this setup because there are no rattles. I usually keep the seats down or the ski pass open, but I can still hear the subs with both the ski pass and the seat up.

Have you looked at the soundqubed 2200d? I have an Audioque 2200d which is the same amp I just bought it before they changed the name. I don't have any complaints about it. This amp paired with my 15" fi btl(with upgraded psi recone) was a bulletproof setup that would play as low as you want it to. The only reason I switched it up is because that setup was very heavy and I had no trunkspace at all.
Ok cool, yes I have folding rear seats thats the way I like to ride around with both amps showing and glowing lol. I have a traditional setup as far as the subs facing outwards, in the trunk. I'm not trying to buy another box when the one that I have is a custom build and only a few months old, being that I blew the amp. As far as the amp, I can't justify the extra $100 bucks when I'm getting more power for less and like I said I've used Hifonics in all if my systems and never had any issues. So it sounds that if I want to get full power from the amp, 3200 watts rms, I should get two dvc 2 ohm setup and have them wired to 1 ohm parallel. I will never go full tilt I'm quite sure with this new setup, but I do want to maximize the equipment. Out of my last few systems, those subs would have been the most expensive parts I've ever spent. So I'm excited to see what difference a $280 sub can do compared to $150-$175. Thanks again for the help!

E85 Z4M
Appreciate 0