04-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #15
bsjd00
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieJ
is there a difference for MOST from the euro version to the one we get here? but in all reality US has a huge BMW population so it wouldnt make any business sense NOT making an adapter for us. esp. if theyre the first ones to do it. hopefully itll be sooner than later.
I'm not sure. I'd guess the European part will work, but it'd mean experimenting with ordering from overseas and then working with overseas tech support. It's a new part and will probably have bugs, just like other Icelink versions did. I'm not too keen on working with local tech support in a situation like that, let alone overseas tech support.

I have no doubt that Dension USA will release the part. The problem is that they have been dragging their feet for over a year now. I keep hearing 4-6 weeks.

If you want to help convince them to expedite the release, call them and ask to be added to their e-mail list for the e90. The more people that call, the better chance we have of seeing this in 2006: Jessie Wise, Dension USA, tel 866.822.3673 x121 is who I spoke to.
Appreciate 0