View Single Post
      10-30-2019, 09:21 AM   #3
snusnu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e (g20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnzie’s BM View Post
Apologies if this has been covered before, I did search, honest.

I’ve driven my 330e now for the past 5 days, trying all the different driving options and how to get the best out of my battery range.

Apart from the obvious “Battery Control” option where you can physically see your battery range increase when off the throttle and braking, does any other of the Hybrid driver options throw charge back into the battery as I’ve not seen anything go back in while driving although the needle (digital needle that is) does drop into the charge section on the dash.

On the long runs and where I know I’ll be off the throttle and coasting (down hill etc) I quickly put it into “Battery Control” which does work as long as I remember to put it back in Hybrid so I can increase the battery range that way.

So if anyone can shed some light on the above or give guidance on how you guys increase you range without stopping and charging it’ll be much appreciated.

Also, the 3 pin plug in charge cable that comes with the car can take up to 16 amp (according to the manual) and currently like others I have mine set at 10amp, has anyone updated their fuse to the 16 amps?, as my electrician seems to think it’s an easy/cheap procedure to do which in theory should speed up the charge time again from the current 10 amp.

I think that’s enough for the time being and thanks in advance guys

Drive safe

Andy
regarding fuse - it's not only that. you have to take the wiring into account as well. there is a reason why you have 10 amp and not 20 amp fuse

to be fair, the best way, probably, is to go for the proper wall cahrger to be installed using OLVE grant of 500 gbp - this would end up costing you 280 or so, but totally worth it I would say
Appreciate 0