06-11-2020, 05:47 AM   #80
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
It doesn't bother me so much that BMW made the 235 as much as it bothers me that it made it as a 2 series.

I can just imagine the following scenario: customer goes into a BMW dealership and says he wants four doors but he has seen great reviews of the BMW 2 series. The SA says "You are in luck; BMW now makes a 2 series sedan" and sells him/her this vehicle that is completely unrelated to the rest of the 2 series (if anything, it is really a 1 series car). Eventually, when he figures out that this is not a four door version of a 240i he feels cheated. As he should.

And...yes...customers should go into dealerships having done their research but that doesn't always happen.
This is why it's gotten to the point I really don't even follow BMW anymore. Once they introduced a BMW with FWD and now the 3-series doesn't even offer a manual transmission, they are nothing more than General Motors with about the same build quality. I really have zero interest in the current BMW lineup.

The crap about them not compromising by sharing platforms, I took that shit seriously. Apparently BMW didn't. LOL
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0