View Single Post
      04-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
tawfeeqh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90 335i

Well done mate great results! Can't imagine how it would drive.

American dynojets are very high reading compared to the Aussie Dyno Dynamics and Mainline dynos. From your chart you are peaking at 25 psi. Ken was running his turbos to 27-28psi, but if Justin says there is not much left in them probably no point in pushing them any further.

I remember seeing the 600s on the Hills mainline making around 360rwkw on e60 with Kens flash only. He was also peaking at 26-27 psi I think. I guess its not just about boost, but also "timing" advance and how many degrees being run. Two different tuners (Tribela, Wedge) may have slightly different approaches. Also your car is JB4 with backend e85, Ken's was straight flash controlling PI through Haltech P1000. There is always debate from the tuners on whats better/ worse i'm certainly not a tuner so not in a position to comment, however there may not be a lot of difference in peak power running either setup who knows.

Would be interested in seeing your logs and your AFRs and WGDC as well as lpfp and hpfp.

Anyways good luck with the rest of your build. This is surely the most powerful and meanest convertable bmw in Aus - take that crown lol
Appreciate 0