View Single Post
      04-13-2016, 12:14 PM   #1
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: State Transit Bus

First Hexon RR700s installed in Australia. Dyno sheet inside :)

So I dropped my car off at Advan about 8pm on Monday, arriving almost immediately from Melbourne after a great 2,500 kms of virtually fault free, very spirited driving on straight 98 pump with 315kws. I filled the car with E85 before I dropped her off and the next morning, the EOS PI kit, stage 3 fuel pump and N20 TMAP sensor we hooked up.

The first car in Australia to run Hexon RR700s and 100% E85 pulled an awesome 412kw atw!

Ok, so there was nearly 5 litres of 98 pump left in the tank, so that would make it approx E79.

I'm pretty chuffed to be in the 400kw club, but honestly, anyone who's gonna run upgraded turbos, PI and 100% E85 should get there easily. I know Justin said these won't be Pure Stage 2 killers, but I was kind of hoping for more. Pushing him to try and extract a bit more so I can temporarily take title of most powerful 335i in Australia until someone with Pures goes all out, but it looks like Marty will keep it for now with his 422(?)kws!

I know American dynos run higher numbers and our fuel quality may be different to theirs, but how Ken Wedge managed to pull 500kws, I was hoping for around 425kws.

Justin smsed me the dyno results and I haven't really asked for more details on the tune, boost, WGDG, AFRs etc, but will get those later. He says there's not much left in the turbos.

I wonder if an extra 5 litres of E85 will make much difference at all and will be keen to see the United fuel quality after my E85 content analyzer gets hooked up!

All in all, nearly a 100kw gain from E85 makes me pretty happy and once my upgraded chromoly Driveshaft Shop axles arrive, I'll be installing them along with the MFactory LSD I purchased nerly 18 months ago along with a diff lockdown kit and hit the drags to claim world's fastest E93!

I've never been to the drags before, so it will be a huge learning curve for me and I wouldn't hold your breath for amazing times until I get 10 to 20 runs under my belt maybe!

Overall extremely happy with how the RR700s performed during my drives in Melbourne and the responsiveness they provide. Yes, there is a bit of lag under 3,000rpm but when pushed, power delivery is very linear.

Soon, my car will be off to the panel beaters for a while to fix the damage sustained from hitting a Kangaroo on the way to Melbourne! It may take a while to get back on the road as I have to wait for another 1M front bar to arrive from overseas and get insurance to approve it, but once I do, I gladly welcome any of the forum regulars to have a drive of my car if they are considering upgraded turbos!
Appreciate 1