12-20-2009, 02:58 PM   #17
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamese93 View Post
It just drives you mad when you care about something which you've paid a fortune for (let's face it, none of these bimmers are cheap) and someone else damages it for you!

I know what you mean - just had a smart repair chap on the phone that didn't fill me with confidence "we won't have to remove the bumper mate" - so you tell me how there's not going to be overspray etc. then? By doing a crap job, that's how! It really does need a full bumper off job as otherwise there'll be overspray which i hate. Don't mind paying up to 300, but not 500 qhich I dread to think is what a dealer will charge - exactly right re the insurance, certainly not going through that with 4 years ncb and a damn high premium already.

I'm going to call a few boyshops come Monday and see what they say - including Technic autos in Stamford Brook, Acton coackworks, Paintforce Limited in Hammersmith and a dealer or two.

Anyone heard of any of these?

And seeing as Sytner have just posted I'll have a word with them too!

Thanks again for all the advice everyone. Have just fitted the performance grills which look great so need to get the bumper sorted!

J
Took my car to Sytner BMW in High Wycombe for a rear bumper repair, needed respraying and filling etc. They outsourced the work to LSG in High Wycombe as they did not have any bodyshop facilities.

My advice have the whole bumper taken off and repaired properly, smart repairs are OK in certain circumstances but on a new car that's your pride and joy.......... DO IT PROPERLY
Appreciate 0