View Single Post
      09-02-2017, 05:49 AM   #17
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cibbersicks View Post
You haven't got it "straight" at all - let me make it a little clearer to understand if you're struggling.

Considering it used to be a standard feature on every single BMW with or without folding mirrors - I do think it it unreasonable the feature is disabled, given the motors are already in place and functional during mirror adjustment. And to satisfy you, yes, I have tried coding it, unfortunately to no avail.

As for it being discussed about the M2 - this is really a general complaint about modern BMW's - they've removed a standard feature across the range over time which was very helpful and convenient. And for the record, I am not a tight individual who didn't want to "pay for folding mirrors" - I just personally don't find it a particularly useful feature - it makes the car a couple of inches narrower. If someone wants to ding your car, they'll ding you car, whether your mirrors are folded in or not. I do my absolute best to park well away from these morons which incidentally doesn't cost me a penny.

Forgive my directness, however I didn't find your intended tone very polite to be honest.

It's a standard feature in the US, but the mirror controls need to be set to move the driver side mirror otherwise the passenger side mirror won't tilt when you are in reverse.

I like the folding mirrors because I know the car is locked just by looking at it because I coded it to fold when locked. Speaking of missing features, sucks that BMW removed the feature to fold on lock, and it has to be coded.
Appreciate 0