View Single Post
      01-25-2008, 04:43 PM   #21
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
Still less then 1400 in mods though? Just messing with you Michael.

I just find it funny how many times you have to mention that people with JB always have extra mods. I think it is because they have money left over...

Like I said in another thread, lets start racing on total amount of money spent on mods, not just piggyback vs piggyback.

It's not a put down of the JB or the guys that own them when I mention that.
The reason I say that is, 95% of JB2 owners run JUST the JB2, or some the JB2H on 93 Octane.
But the only tests we really see are the 5-10% of JB owners who have many other mods too.

As for money left over with the JB2R. Well, maybe up front.
But check back with them in a year or so and see how much money they spent in race gas??

What it comes down to is this:

The JB2 is a great product, but you need to have catless DP's on it to make the same performance of the v2 PROcede on pump gas.
The JB2H is a great alternative too, but you need 93 Octane or cold weather to run it year round too, and still have less power than v2 on 91 Octane.
The JB2R is a great alternative, but you need to be willing to spend $20-30 more per tank to have equal power of the v2 on pump gas.
The JB2HR is a wonderful tune that makes (possibly) a bit more power than the PROcede v2 on 93 Octane pump gas but you need to run 97 Octane to safely run it.
The JB2HHR is a beast, but is not even recommended by Terry, and requires 98 Octane and has boost peaking at 16-16.5 psi.
It makes equal, if not more power than the v2 PROcede on race gas mix with 100% values.

Again, my only point of the JB2 comparos is, 98% of the times/races we see with it are from guys on JB2R or JB2HR and running race gas AND other mods too, and those are probably less than 5% of JB owners who do that.

Would like to see more JB owners running/timing on pump gas that's the only way to fairly compare it to a v2 PROcede car and the only way the cost saving argument for the JB applies. Even using JUST the JB2R full time, in a year of dumping in race gas mixes all the time you will easily have a higher cost than someone running v2 PROcede on pump gas.

Terry knows I respect what he's done and what the JB offers people.
But only seeing his and 3 or 4 other JB guys times all the time when they have multiple mods, race gas mix, intakes, DP's, DR's, weight removal, etc etc. gets repetitive. More "everyday" times/results from pump gas JB owners is nice to see.
Appreciate 0