View Single Post
      01-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
flipmeraz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 10 e92 m3

Another active autowerke exhaust review

Wats up guys

Well after looking at different exhaust systems and exhaust threads I decided to go with active autowerke. I received the exhaust on Tuesday and installed yesterday at work.

Quality: This exhaust looks amazing. The welds are beautiful. I decided not to paint the NCCs since they don't look bad in person. I love the adjustability of the tips (they do expand a little over a 1/4 inch when fully warmed up.

Install: installation was very simple. It took me about about 50 min to install including adjustment of the mufflers. I have to play a little more with the adjustment if I want it perfect ( I'm anal) but it won't take too long. I had a car lift to work with but it can be done on jack stands.

Sound: It sounds awesome. It was 45 degrees outside when I finished but I couldnt roll the windows up It has a nice deep growl from idle up 3k rpm (almost AMGlike). After that it sounds very similar to stock but with a deep hum. Past 5k it's amazing (more of a higher pitch sound). It makes it very hard not to redline every gear. As far as drone, it drones very little between 1.8k-2.1k but it's not annoying ( I actually like it). I've been getting many compliments about the sound and I've only had it a day.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this exhaust and would highly recommend it. Big thanks to Jean and Ryan at Active for all the help

I'll post some pics later on once I have better lighting.