Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
  • G87 M2 will be available with a manual and an automatic.
    Really too bad about the DCT but as long as it has the manual, i'm set.
  • Most options will be the same as G80/G82, and I don't see much of that decontenting that was done with the original F87 compared with F80/F82. Though ceramic brakes and bucket seats seem to be missing, all the drivetrain and suspension things are the same as G82, and even carbon roof will be an option.
    Love this, I always like the idea of having more options, the downside is cost of course. Hopefully, BMW can keep that in check.
  • The wheels will be 19" front and 20" rear, G87 specific design.
    I like that the G87 specific design, nice to have some different options, not just a smaller M3.
  • The first four months of its production will fall into the "M 50th anniversary" period so expect the initial run to become somewhat collectible.
    Hoping that doesn't mean that the first few months, the car has an ADM or anything.
  • And the new dashboard will be standard from day one.
    Don't really know how I feel about this, hoping that it is both very functional and looks good. The current setup is great, so simplicity is key in my book. I don't need the mess that's in the G8X or even Audi's Virtual Cockpit
Ideally, BMW wouldn't mess up the transmission & tune like the G8X and have the ZCP cars be all autos. And I would love to have the carbon buckets from the G8X and M5CS.
My perfect G87 would be, same weight, more power, more options, a HUD, and a manual. Done
Frosty780.00