View Single Post
      11-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #5
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by olehead View Post
Thanks --Dinan Elite is a a option - I really want to see some Dyno numbers at what is actually getting to the wheels - JB has done this not sure why Dinan does not.
FWIW, the dyno runs I've seen for a stock M240i are 320-330 range about what the BMW published HP and torque numbers (using a Dynojet). (Most of the German cars mfgrs. seem to publish the numbers that are @ wheel rather than crank (unlike American car mfgrs. do). Depending on the Dyno used and temps for that day, numbers will vary.

A good SWAG on wheel numbers for an Elite tuned M240i would be adding Dinan reported increases to the published BMW numbers to figure the gains.

I can tell you my Stage 1 tuned M240i certainly feels as fast as my 2015 C7 Corvette w/ 450hp and 455 torque (knowing these are crank numbers).

Additionally guys that have been playing around w/ M3's and C7's on the highway claim to be able to keep up with them or even gain a bit.

I couldn't be happier w/ my Dinan Stage 1. Starting to yearn for a Stage 3 just because I can.
Appreciate 0