Thread: 6,500km report
View Single Post
      09-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
major_kusanagi
SWARM & COIN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR/CF E92 M3

I know what you mean. It may be completely subjective, but after 3000 miles, the engine felt properly broken in and now it revs so much more easily in lower rpms. It is addictive. It was very impressive from the getgo above 4000 rpm, but now it's just endlessly enjoyable. It is a lot of fun to have such a broad band of almost linear and continuous power surge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
I've now had my E90 M3 for 3 months and have just passed 6,500km so I thought I'd give a bit of feedback.

This car just keeps on giving!!! It feels a lot looser and a lot more responsive now. The shift lights get a regular work out and I just can't help hitting 7,000 before slamming the paddle into 2nd, wind it to 7,000 then into 3rd...problem is the car is doing about 140kmh by this stage!

That M drive button is so addictive. Some fool sits on your tail...hit the M and it's hyperspace!

Around town I'm getting 14L/100km which isn't too bad I guess. I do wish the car had a bigger tank though as the 400 - 450km range just isn't enough for me.

Gripes? The windows are a bit squeaky when closed but this is a known problem with the door rubbers and will be sorted out at next service. I'd like a smoother ride but I know I'm likely to get flamed if I suggest ditching the 19" rims for 18" ones!

All in all I'm stoked and absolutely love the beast!

Last edited by major_kusanagi; 09-19-2009 at 11:28 PM..
Appreciate 0