amancuso
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330it, 428ix, 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkNuts View Post
Not sure why you're stepping so far out of your league to bash the 2 when your list of prospective cars is over twice the value of this. There will be a 2 series rwd to appease you, so flinging your poo all over this is wasting your time unless you just like to rant.
because it's something BMW chose to make in a manner that's not fitting of their brand. I could buy a 2GC but I never would on that platform. The M2 is another story. I've long considered one as a fun weekend car but I have a hard time wanting to drive a coupe or sedan where I live since that's a death wish.

I'm not alone thinking BMW shouldn't use a FWD platform for their brand. On a Mini, sure, on a BMW M Performance model that's a hard no
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkNuts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Just curious, but why, if any of you would, buy a 2GC over say, a Golf GTI/R??? I don't see many reasons to if I'm being honest, other than wanting the badge on the hood.
How about this: "They're very similar. Except the BMW boasts more torque, a smoother gearbox and is, as near as I can tell, quite a bit louder from the factory."
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
because it's something BMW chose to make in a manner that's not fitting of their brand. I could buy a 2GC but I never would on that platform. The M2 is another story. I've long considered one as a fun weekend car but I have a hard time wanting to drive a coupe or sedan where I live since that's a death wish.

I'm not alone thinking BMW shouldn't use a FWD platform for their brand. On a Mini, sure, on a BMW M Performance model that's a hard no
Ok let's talk Isetta, e36 and e46 compacts and the Z1. 🤷