View Single Post
      03-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #16
rsen
Rep
Drives:

I received a reply form my sales associate regarding the high interest rate. He was recently at BMW Canada to view the new 1 series and says that the 6.75% finance rate, as set by BMW Canada, is non-negotiable. The rate is what it is. He also said that BMW Canada had originally planned on setting the rate even higher for the 135i...Yikes. They then decided to offer it at this "lower rate" of 6.75%. Maybe we should applaud BMW for having such restraint...lol.

Anyway, I am a patient man and can wait out the initial high demand for the car. Remember, by the time the car is officially released, the 2008 model year will be almost 1/2 over. I fully expect production to increase significantly for the 2009 model year and beyond. After all, it is their new "entry level" series. Keeping it a low volume car beyond the first shortened model year wouldn't make any sense. I am sure BMW would like to sell tons of these and bring new customers into the fold. Maybe I am wrong.

He also said there will be no problem with refunding my deposit. And he will just add some options to the car before it is built, to have for the next potential customer.
Appreciate 0