09-11-2020, 05:48 AM   #4668
Denis S
Enlisted Member
Russia
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
That doesn't explain why "it's more important to not buy a semiautomatic." What's the downside to choosing a semiautomatic over a bolt rifle in your planned use?
Sorry, my bad english again brings me - you probably do not quite understand. I didn't mean that semi-automatic rifles are bad. I meant that this is my first rifle after shotguns, and I believe that my first rifle should be the bolt carbine.
Because the bolt carbine - a classic! I am first of all a hunter, and I try to honor the traditions of classic hunting. One shot one kill! Well, and as noted above - it is considered more accurate, simpler and more reliable.
Of course, in the future I will also buy a semi-automatic rifle, which is more convenient for driven hunts (perhaps this word is wrong - when collective hunting in the forest is carried out), for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky John View Post
HE is in Saint Petersburg RUSSIA and not covered by the second amendment. When you go to buy guns legally in Russia you don't walk in to the gun store and say "I want something I can overthrow the government with." He is authorized, after a five year wait, after not screwing the pooch with his shotgun ownership, to buy a hunting rifle and it is in his best interest to buy a bolt action and keep things low key.
I am amused by your knowledge of Russia and its laws )) For reference: in Russia you can own 5 pieces of shotguns and 5 pieces of any rifled weapon. Quite enough to overthrow the government, I believe )
The only restrictions are that you cannot keep a gun (pistol) at home (only in a club if you are engaged in gun shooting), and fully automatic rifled weapons are prohibited.
Appreciate 2