devondragon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerAg View Post
The most common criticisms are high recoil with good HD ammo and low ammo capacity. Also, for pump shotguns, more complex operation and possibility of short-stroking the action.

While the ultimate decision is up to you on how to keep a firearm ready for a home defense situation I'd strongly recommend leaving them loaded with a round chambered. If you need to use it I'd rather not have to take the time to rack a round into the chamber. Not to mention that's one less round of capacity in a gun that only holds 5-6 rounds to begin with.

The M4 has very little recoil (heavy + semi-auto action) and mine holds 9 rounds. I agree, pump action adds to the complexity of the situation, and with sweaty hands and racing the clock its easy to screw up a pump (at least for me).

I also agree with leaving one chambered. If I'm armed, then I need to be ready to shoot someone if I deem it necessary. I can yell, or try to deescalate verbally if the situation warrants, but in general I don't want to be trying to use weapon noises to scare someone. I don't want to be in a position where I can't shoot if I need to, and I don't want to be in a position where I have to announce my location before shooting.
Appreciate 1
BimmerAg425.00