11-01-2019, 11:04 AM   #61
19x
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
If you just want seats for occasional short distance passengers, why is pulling the seat up to get someone in / out of a coupe THAT much effort? I get that everyone wants a SUV / SAV / anything higher off the ground so it's easier for "modern bodies" to get in and out of ... but is a coupe now really considered unworkable because no one is willing / able to get into the back seat of one? Not sure I'd want to put an elderly person in the back if my 2er, but no one has had a problem getting in and out.

If someone wants a big, lumbering 4 door M car, there are already PLENTY of choices.
It's not like that at all.

Often times the coupe version of an ///M car is nearly identical in length, width, and weight to the sedan version. Case in point, e36 M3 coupe vs e36 M3 sedan or e90 M3 vs e92 M3 (sedan's 3724 lbs vs the coupe's 3704), etc. were all within roughly 20-30 lbs of each other.

The reason some of us prefer sedans has nothing to do with the extra "effort" required to fit people in the back. It's about everyday practicality. The rear seats in a coupe and the leg room is simply not on par with the sedan.

Nobody is "lumbering" anything, since the extra 2 doors add virtually no extra weight or size. The doors in the coupe are always elongated to make up for what would have otherwise been 4 doors with a shorter quarter panel and rear end.
Appreciate 2
mkoesel7511.50