View Single Post
      07-17-2019, 11:26 AM   #702
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rschin2 View Post
I'm sure this has been covered, but doesn't the 2 series coupe still have a solid 2 years or so remaining before new design?
Yes.

Quote:
Why are they about to reveal a gran coupe that looks like a totally different model?
Because it is a separate product being built on a completely separate architecture and it will have its own distinct lifecycle. It is a very similar to the situation that exists today with the 2 Series Coupe/Convertible being unrelated to the 2 Series AT/GT other than the series model number.

Quote:
Would the new coupe version adopt the front end design of this 4 door?
No. Any aesthetic similarities will be due to the same familial links that all BMWs from a similar timeframe have. There will be absolutely no exterior parts shared, and only a tiny number of parts shared overall, if any (such as some interior bits like knobs or buttons).

Quote:
The render below is my favorite I've seen for a 4-door 2 series.
That is an M2 GC render based on the current M2 Coupe, not strictly a 2 Series. Sure, a RWD 2 Series GC would have better proportions than the FWD one that is coming, but it would look no more like an M2 than a 330i looks like an M3. In other words, it wold not have an aggressive design and quite probably would get plenty of negative feedback just like the G20 has.
Appreciate 2
10"4946.00
Weiman153.50