07-13-2019, 11:06 PM   #666
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
Well who is making fun light weight RWD and perhaps 6 speed manual these days? Alfa Romeo?
Just because no one else is doing it now, doesn't mean we can't miss what was available in the not so distant past.

I hate heavy cars. I have an arbitrary max of 3,200 pounds and it has to have a manual. I'll accept fwd or awd if rwd with those traits isn't available. I'm 6'2" and daily a GTI with a kid in it. I hated every second of driving the barge sized F30 we had and haven't missed a single element of that car. The even larger G20 holds absolutely no appeal to me, just as every previous 5er and 7er have just never shown up on my personal desire-o-meter.

Big cars have their place, just not in my garage (or at least my side of it.) I have no desire to make a coupe work, and the lack of rear windows that roll down for my dog is a second knock on the M2C for my purposes. There are no current BMW's that raise my eyebrows even a little. Quite the change from when I had an M Coupe, 135i and E36 M3 in the garage and strongly considered adding the first Mini-E to that. I can't really see a BMW or Mini product bringing me back now.
Appreciate 0