View Single Post
      09-27-2017, 06:11 AM   #113
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajoMan View Post
He just said M car won't be powered by 4 cyl engine only. I also remember that he said it's possible for them to consider hybrid on M car. I'm curious why he even mention about it.
Sure, hybrids will come eventually - they’ve been saying that for years just like anyone else who knows how to play the game. But he also said the time isn’t right yet because the tech hasn’t progressed to the point where it will work for their needs. It’s not happening this generation.

Quote:
I cannot believe BMW will have 2 separate chassis for 2 series since 2 series sales is not that huge for BMW. is it? Maybe next gen 2er coupe won't get big chassis update. Then it makes sense since the updated chassis won't cost them much.
It’s not just about the number of sales but about a strategic product mix that appeals to the range of customers BMW relies on to support the brand long term.

As far as the chassis goes, indications are it will be CLAR, or at the very least relate closely to the G2x 4 Series (thank you ynguldyn) which will be on CLAR. CLAR will underpin every other RWD BMW and this consolidation actually saves BMW money. It is just as likely that using an updated version of the existing platform would increase costs as it is that it would decrease them. Probably more so, in fact.

Quote:
If what you said turns out to be true, you must have some inside connection.
Boy, nothing gets past you does it!

Hello and welcome to BimmerPost. If you pay attention to the news coverage and read the comments, you too have inside information. And that includes this thread. Often, it’s up you to read between the lines and do some analysis, but the information is there. Are we 100%? No. But I defy you to find a more reliable source of future BMW information on the web.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcva View Post
Maybe mustang, camaro. GM may even get the ATS right one of these days.
Sure, those are great products, but those are not 2 Series sized. The pony cars in particular are all bigger than a 4 Series, nevermind a 2 Series. The ATS is going away, but there will be a CT5, a CT4, and possibly even a CT3. The latter are actually potential alternatives, particularly if they remain RWD. It’s not known yet whether they will, however.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17483.00