View Single Post
      06-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #1108
erroberts1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Imperial Blue F36 428i

Hey guys! Short time lurker, first time poster! My F36 428GC Lux xDrive was ordered on June 2 and left port in Bremerhaven yesterday afternoon on the Independence II. Expected to hit NYNJ on July 9 for transport to a Cape Cod dealer. I'll make a nice little weekend of taking the train down and driving around the Cape before dragging back home to Boston.

This will be my first BMW, and I am upgrading from the other small German "four door coupe." Given I've topped out of their small model lineup, I thought it was time to move up a step or two in brand. There also doesn't seem to be any other vehicle in the small/mid class that offers the same options at a competitive price point. The VW CC in its higher trim was a HUGE value play and made a lot of sense for me at the time. Alas, my lease is expiring and I feel it is time to move on.

I open-mindedly cross-shopped the Q50, Genesis, the A3/4/5, and the C before settling on the 428 - and the two-door at that. When I was ready to order, first allocations for the four-door were just becoming available for June production runs. Knowing this car resolved all of the practicality concerns I had with the coupe, and having a sense that I would have (at least for a time) a pretty unique and unusual vehicle, I jumped at the chance. I gave up a solid deal on a loaded demo F32 (around 10% off MSRP with ~1,000mi) in order to get the car I wanted.

My CCA card has already arrived which I have stored in the box with my key fob folio, and I'm just counting down the days until I can pick up the car next month.

I wanted to make sure I said hello for the first time to the community which informed and influenced my buying decision!!
Appreciate 0