Originally Posted by Jayf30 View Post
What is it competing with, a Corolla?
Quote:
Originally Posted by makrop View Post
Why do we need this?
Because:

MB CLA and A Class sedans
Audi A3 sedans

To ignore this new segment is to leave money on the table.

This was an obvious move for BMW. Considering that direct competition, they have done well with this entry. I also like it aesthetically and would take it over either of those other two brand entries if I was an intender for an entry level premium brand 4 door. It is not intended to compare to the 3 Series...incremental sales (the profitable ones) come from taking from other brands' competitive models; substitutional sales come from within the showroom, and in this case the likely lower margin means BMW doesn't want anyone who likes the 3 Series to substitute this instead. This is an aspirational/first time BMW or additional car in a multi-car family.

Wait for the road tests to start...it will be that trio of brands.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0