View Single Post
      10-15-2019, 12:56 PM   #115
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

I think it's way past the time we as a BMW community understand that BMW is not out here trying to make newer, better M bred cars with motorsports heritage only or anymore. They are a car manufacturer first, car enthusiast definitely second.

With that said, there's a reason for all these diluted cars - because they sell... for example, my wife's BMW x1 was purchased for 36k OTD. is it a great BMW? does it follow my E46 non m which was purchased for 42k OTD in 2000? Or does it seem similar to my E60 550i which had an MSRP of over 72k new in 2008? How about compared to my F82 m4, which cost exactly double or more? HELL No. But it sure seemed like a better car than Lexus NX, Subaru Forester Sport, Toyota RAV 4 Limited, Honda CRV.. etc etc

These introductory cars are great for what they are - commuters, groceries, baby transporters. They are still above and beyond the competition if optioned low. Once you start selecting all the options, adding bigger engines, AWD, Sport package bumpers, LED lights etc etc etc, then it becomes not worth it. But a bare bone optioned BMW will compete and sell well - just look at the numbers of these budget models being introduced by all luxury makers now.

TL: DR
These new econobox BMWs are just what BMW ordered, since consumers are eating them up
Appreciate 1
MarkDemma519.00