04-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #7
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanayoda View Post
Can you clarify what you mean in your post by making a distinction between "matching warranty" and "Dinan parts" / "Dinan product warranty"? And let's take my situation as an example. I have 14 months left in my warranty. For the first 14 months of the Dinan warranty, it's easy -- you give the matching warranty. However, for the following 10 months (the balance of the 2 year Dinan warranty), it would be the "Dinan parts" / "Dinan product warranty."

So let's say that the engine blows during those 10 months, and it can be show that the Dinan piggyback is the definite cause. Are you saying that your warranty would be broad enough to cover only the "Dinan part" / "Dinan product" -- in this case the piggyback -- rather than the entire engine? So you'd pay only $3k to the new engine rather than the full amount as you would under the "matching warranty"?

Thanks so much for your help.
Synopsis can be found at http://www.dinancars.com/warranty/ but the jist of it is below.

Factory Matching New Car Warranty (4YR/50k) = factory matching warranty that includes incidentals on OE BMW parts as well as the Dinan parts that fail as a result of a Dinan product.

Product Only warranty (2YR) = Coverage only applies to the Dinan product itself. No incidental damage is covered. Basically its a defects warranty similar to what you would see from pretty much any other aftermarket manufacturer.
Appreciate 0