View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 07:10 AM   #5
ONE_slow_m5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 f90 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by texsn95 View Post
Hey guys, new F10 owner here, coming from my beloved E60 beast that was hit in the side and insurance is totaling out (thread in classifieds for it). Here's a few crappy cell phone pics.

A few weeks ago the wife and I flew to Little Rock to pick up this F10, it's a 2014 with only 11,500 miles. Frozen Silver, CCBs(), Comp Pack, B&O, Alcantara, rear entertainment...basically every option except night vision. New set of PSSs. Almost flawless in and out and the color combo looked even better in person than the pictures. I didn't even have to test drive it and just told him "yup, let's do it".
I'm still getting used to the feel of it, but man the power is just unrelenting, and made me say "holy shit" when I finally hammered on it coming home. Interior is light years ahead of the E60, and the car definitely feels larger and heavier. Got Bimmercode and did some coding, and other than removing the charcoal filters and maybe a clear bra, I'm not doing much to it. Got a 5/50 warranty through Patriot Warranty that starts next month. Even the wife loved driving it and basically hated my other one. Not a big deal, but gas mileage is up ~20% from the E60 so every little bit adds up over time. The newer iDrive is such an improvement, no more lagging at start up. DCT is awesome so far.

Question, a few of the wheels have some clearcoat cracking on them, is that normal for the 601s? Easily repaired?
Congrats. Car is beautiful . Frozen silver is very rare . I’m in Houston also. Dm me your nunber. I have a place that i send all my wheels to to get refinished .
Appreciate 0