View Single Post
      10-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #15
b33g33
Give '///M' Hell!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Einser Rex

I was referring to the fact that the market does not seem to think the E55 is very desirable or recognize its rarity. Unfortunately, estates have always been given the short shrift in the US in favor of SUVs. Pity. In any case, it may still end up being a future classic 20 year from now.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I thought the 1M would hold value like a 993 or anything else. While I'm pretty sure it will hold it's value much better than the E55, I, personally, could care less.

I buy my cars for the long term and only buy cars I want to keep long term.

On the subject of greedy dealers and individuals, the market is the real 'villain' here. The flip-side of the equation is that if you want a less 'desirable' vehicle, there are quite a few bargains to be had as well. Who knows, you may prove to be prescient and the 1M values will plummet and someone will offer to to a straight up trade with your 135 in 3 years.
The 1 series M is the most badass, coolest, sickest BMW to debut since the 1988 M3. The E30 M3 finally has a successor. Please welcome the stupidly fast, wickedly tempered, awkwardly named, possibly perfect little son of a benchmark - Automobile Magazine, August 2011

Appreciate 0