shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe4real View Post
Hey Guys,

I live in Loudoun county and the cops there/here seem to be pretty chill (for the most part) until I got my M4, now left and right... I get pulled over, "sir, where is your front plate", "sir, you are going too fast", "sir, please don't flip us off" and so on...

But couple weeks ago I was driving my truck and I got pulled over for failure to obey highway sign (speeding), I tried explaining to the officer that I made a left turn from one of the streets and from the point that I made the left turn to the point he caught me speeding there were no visible speeding signs and that the ticket has no merit, politely of course. I have a good driving record and he really didn't seem to care...

So my question is, should I take this to court or should I just pay the fine and suffer the aftermath of insurance and the other pleasantries?
If you have the time, go to court. 2 points here; 1) the cop might not show up thus your ticket will be thrown out. 2) facing the judge and telling your story will most likely not get you off the hook but if your driving record is clean, he/she will probably drop the points from 3(or whatever the point are for speeding) to a lower number thus saving your insurance premium from going up for speeding. Don't ask how I know!