View Single Post
      10-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #78
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
Have just done the Logic7 front speaker upgrade and thanks to GizzE and this thread, it only took me 45 minutes.

Hardest part is knowing how the door cards unclip, it really is just a matter of taking the TORX bolts out and prising it off. Once the Torx bolts are out, start from the front of the door card and work your way down and round to the back. The tough ones are the red clips shown, I just pulled like feck and they popped, leaving the clip in the door!

I bought some Volvo Bone Tools off eBay and they were an absolute god send!

Volvo Bone Tool eBay Linky

Anyway, the sound is already much much better, even without upgrading the amp and subs, which is my next job (but can't do it in my lunch hour!)

Stock midrange driver on left, Logic7 on right. Front view...

Rear View

As I had not tweeter grills in the door corner trims, I had to order them along with the foam insert.

All just clips together... very easy...

Fitted. The rubber glass trim is a bit of a fiddle to get back under the plastic trim and I suspect if you miss this proceedure you'll end up with wind noise.

The "clips" that I also ordered remained in place, so I have a couple spare if anyone needs them.

Next job is the subs... and running the loom from the head unit to the boot for the amp upgrade.
Appreciate 0